Join us for the 47th Old Wilmington by Candlelight Tour, December 7th & 8th featuring 13 historic sites all decorated for the season. Explore downtown Wilmington’s beautiful historic homes, festively decorated for the holiday season!
The tour takes you inside some of the grandest homes and most interesting historic buildings of Wilmington, including the Victorian era Latimer House, decorated for the Gilded age, and the sumptuous Verandas Bed and Breakfast, nearly destroyed by Hurricane Florence and now completely restored.
This year we’re also excited to include the South Front Phase II apartments, a former industrial building repurposed into urban living spaces. Also check out the Old Wilmington by Gingerbread House competition at the Latimer House and cast your vote for the best Gingerbread house on the block.
This year’s sites are :
1. Latimer House 126 South 3rd Street
2. Slave Quarters 215 Orange Street
3. First Presbyterian Church 125 South 3rd Street Parking Available
4. Williams- Belden House Wilford 116 South 4th Street
5. Temple of Israel 1 South Fourth Street
6. Beery House/The Verandas Bed & Breakfast 202 Nun Street
7. George C. Malpass House 1906 Nun Street
8. Thomas F. Hammer House 1709 Princess Street
9. Hooper- Rohler House/ Between the Covers: A North Carolina Literary B&B 1817 Market Street
10. Temple Baptist Church 1815 Market Street Parking Available
11.Former Block Shirt Factory 210 Greenfield Street, Apt. 205
12. Tribute Properties Office 1400 S 2nd Street
13. Former Nesbitt Court 1422 S 3rd Street, Apt. 101
The tour to benefits the Lower Cape Fear Historical Society.